Saturday, June 2, 2012

Double Challenge - You're and 11!


Todays card combines two challenges.  One challenge from Cardabilities and another from Dynamic Duos.  I love what some of the other designers and participants have done at the Cardabilities site, but I wanted to go with a simple clean look.  At Dynamic Duos the challenge was to use Real Red and Island Indigo.  Unfortunately I didn't have the Island Indigo so I had to do a little colour creation of my own to mimic it.


I used Whisper White for all of the pieces and sponged the edges to get the colours required for the colour challenge.  They were then mounted onto Basic Black with an oh so slight border around the edges.  Finished off with square black brads and one rounded corner to follow through with the rounded edges of the designs.

Hope you enjoy.

Nancy

I like to know what you think, so please leave me a comment.



10 comments:

  1. Love your coloring technique, your teeny tiny black matting is fabulous! No way would I have the patience! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great modern CAS look to your fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card - that sentiment stamp is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment!
    Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card sketch! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and pretty :) I like black borders - they give nice dimension.
    Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative use of the Dynamic Duos colours. Thanks' for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool card Nancy. Love that you have taken that little "splat" image & given it centre stage. The skinny black mats are fabulous too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great looking card. I love the rounded edges on everything!

    ReplyDelete