Monday, June 11, 2012

Masculine Monday - Father's Day

Today I have a special card for Father's Day.  In our recent session of Stampin Fun and Friends we celebrated Mother's and Father's with projects for these upcoming events.  My submission was geared towards the first Mother's and first Father's Day.
I used the Tool Shed stamp set and cut out the tools to form the word "DAD".  I thought that this was a rather different way of using the tools.  Then I framed them with the Framelits Labels Collection.  for the background I used a piece of Very Vanilla CS and masked the areas to make a barn board look and stamped over it with the woodgrain stamp.
For the inside of the card, waste not want not!  I used the pieces of left over Framelits and framed the "Happy first Fathers Day" on the Very Vanilla CS.  The saying was created using my MDS.  I am not the greatest at using my MDS and really do not use it to its fullest potential, but I modified the stamp set and added the word "first" in the middle.
For my project I must admit I had a little help with the idea from CherylAnn Robinson. Once she mentioned the idea to me I knew exactly what to do.  Being a new parent you have lots and lots of baby food jars so thinking back to my Dad and my Granddad I used the baby food jars to create a storage containers for nails, nuts or bolts. I'm sure you all will remember this type of storage from your younger days.
As a side note the barn board used to create the project came from my late Father-in-laws farm and the tools used belonged to my Grandfather.  I thought it would only be fitting to use them in the projects.

I hope that all the Dad's out there, whether they are new at this game or seasoned veterans, have a great Father's Day this Sunday coming.

I hope you enjoy.

Nancy

I like to know what you think so please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment