Monday, June 25, 2012

Unscripted Sketches #164 - Her Journeys Just Begun

Earlier today I told you about my daughters friends Mom who was in a coma. Unfortunately she did not make it and has gone to be with her loving husband who I'm sure is waiting for her with open arms.

I made this card with her in mind and then after completing it I realized that what I had created resembled the sketch challenge from Unscripted Sketches.  I hope I have not stretched the sketch a little too far but I think it resembles it.
For the inside of the card I found this sentiment a couple of years back on the internet.  Sorry I don't remember the site or I would give credit, but I thought that this was a very fitting sentiment for such a great lady.  
 
We love you and you will be missed Nana.

Nancy

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card to honor the life of a mother that passed away. You did an awesome job interpreting the sketch! The image is breathtaking and the colors are soothing. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Nancy. I'm sure that it will bring comfort. HUGS sent your way during this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card to honor a mother! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches - love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy

    What a lovely card for such a sad occasion - beautifully put together with a lovely verse inside too.

    Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you will be able to come and join in with our challenge next week.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete