Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TST#71 The Golden Year


It's Tuesday so it's time for another Try Stampin on Tuesday.  Jen has come up with a sketch this week that I think you will be able to have lots of fun with.

I have had a special request from a co-worker for a 50th Wedding Anniversary card so I decided to incorporate this weeks challenge in the card. These days it is such a great joy to find someone that has made it to a milestone anniversary and I'm pleased to be able to create this card for that special couple.
I love the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set and was disappointed when they retired it from the collection.  I have used it in watercolours and love layering it on cards.  Don't think this will be one that gets retired from my collection any time too soon.

The large rose was heat embossed with gold powder and left clean and simple. Behind the embossed image and the ribbon is a piece of gold scrapbook paper that I had found in my stash, so it was very fitting for this card.  After using the Polkadots embossing folder on the card front I thought that it was a little too simple so I sponged over it with gold ink. In the version that Jen gave us the bow or embellishment was to be on the other side, but once I got the card together I didn't like the appearance so I simply moved it.  I was again going to do a fluffier bow but thought something simple would be best and then I embellished it with beads.

When I went to stamp the sentiment on the inside I goofed (always have to mess up somewhere!) so I ended up cutting the front of the card and trimming it down and then placing it onto another cardstock base.  That works!  I made sure that I didn't goof on my stamping before I mounted it though!

I hope you like what I have come up with, now it's your turn.  Hop over the Try Stampin on Tuesday and give this challenge a try.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Nancy

I like to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment.


1 comment:

  1. I say you hit the nail on the head. It totally says wedding or Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete