Tuesday, June 26, 2012

TST#72

It's Tuesday!! Time for Try Stampin on Tuesday  Jen has given us a beautiful sketch to work with this week.  Although the sketch itself was square with a round supporting background, I decided to go with a standard A2 card with a gate fold and a square supporting background.
I have not tried many gate fold cards in the past, but I am seeing a lot of them lately, so time to give it a try.  Here I have used the Fleur de Lis Spellbinder Die to create the inner and outer portion of the locking mechanism for the card front.  The original blue CS was very vibrant on the more muted background so I used Not Quite Navy to sponge and tone it down.  Then I added a little more blue on the DSP.  

Unfortunately the photo does not do the card justice, but I'm sure the recipient of the card will enjoy it.

Now hop on over to Try Stampin on Tuesday and see what the other designers have up their sleeves for you.

Don't forget to give this sketch a try yourself and post your results so I can see how you interpret this one.

Hope you enjoy.

Nancy

I like to hear your comments so don't forget to leave me one.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the fabulous blue!!! This is just gorgeous--and the texture is amazing! Thanks for having me at TSOT! :) PS: New follower here, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you aboard! Thank you Mynnette for you kind words over the past few days.

      Delete
  2. I love this card! The way you used the die cut is very clever and I love the patterned paper behind it (what pattern is it?). Thanks for making this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CherylAnn. The background paper is one from My Minds Eye in the "everyday tango" collection. Plain CS is Old Olive.

      Delete
  3. Great card Nancy! I love gate fold cards;-)

    ReplyDelete