Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TST #50

Today's sketch over at Try Stampin on Tuesday was similar to my black and white Birthday card for a fellow co-worker which was posted the beginning of the month, but I had to change it up. I took a piece of beige CS cut 1/8" smaller than the 4 1/4"x5 1/2" card front and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Top Note Die. This allowed me to give just a hint of a border on the outside, but it also gave me a "Top Note" to use elsewhere.  This is a great way to stretch your cardstock as you don't see what is hiding behind the card front anyway. Then I layered the Chocolate Chip CS on top of that again. Taking a small strip of beige CS again I made a ribbon and ran it through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.  The decorative element in Old Olive was from a Cuttlebug die called Floral Borders.  The medalion on the front of the card is made using a Cricut and then the butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit. 
 
Remember the Top Note that you cut from the front of the card.  Here it is on the inside of the card and again embellished with the remainder of the die fragments from the front of the card.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

1 comment: