Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Scraps...

I cannot believe the amount of scraps that I have.  I have taken the time to go through all of them and separate them into size and useability.  No new cardstock has been cut since the new year (other than the occasional card base). 

Todays card is another birthday one, again for a co-worker.  Working with Whisper White for the card base the purples used were scraps that I had from my scrapbooking days.  I like the way the edges are distressed on a lot of cards, but I don't seem to be able to accomplish the same effect.  I think I did pretty good here, but in order to achieve this I used a pair of decorative edge scissors and then my Tim Holtz Distress Tool. Using My Friend and stamping on an incline on the paper to give a staggered effect.  Satin ribbon was used to tie a double bow and then accented it with a purple button and rhinestone.  Smaller rhinestones were used on the stamped backdrop.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, it's a very nice and delicate card. I like the tear and paper rolling on main image.

    ReplyDelete