Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TST #49

Today on Try Stampin on Tuesday the sketch just did not talk to me.  I really struggled with this one and after a couple of attempts this was my result.

I had lots of Real Red scraps in my scrap pile so that was the colour I wanted to work with.  Hmmm! Red...Valentine!  I think what I struggled with the most on on the sketch was the bottom portion of the sketch.  So I kind of changed it up a bit to suit what I thought worked.

The recipe for this card was again use scraps so cutting a piece of Real Red 4 x 5 1/4 and set aside.  Cut a piece of Whisper White 2 1/2 x 4/12.  Stamp the French Script on the Whisper White using Real Red.  Sponge the edges of this piece with Real Red. Adhere this piece to the Real Red CS. Now if you have a heart punch use that, but believe it or not I don't...but I do have a Cricket so I cut 2 Real Red hearts and 2 Whisper White hearts. The hearts were cut from Plantin Schoolbook - shaddow/heart set at 1 1/2". Stamp one of the Whisper White with a heart from the I (Heart) Hearts stamp set and adhere it to the front of the White CS. With the small "love" stamp and "forever" from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set stamp your second heart. Punch a small hole in the top of the second one and attach a small piece of ribbon through the top.  This piece actually will float and can be taken out of the heart pocket.  Now with the two red hearts place them point end to point end and overlap, then wrap the rounded edges over the front of the second heart to form a pouch. Once it is shaped the way you like adhere the two together and then adhere to the card front.  Place your ribboned heart inside the pouch.  Attach your accent ribbon to the bottom and you are DONE!

Again this was a challenge but I did keep my resolution and used up scraps!  Wonder how much longer I can continue to work with scraps...they are getting smaller and smaller.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

1 comment: