Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TST #48 & Makeover Monday Challenge #9

This weeks challenge over at Try Stampin on Tuesday was an instant choice.  What I mean by that is I am trying to use up scraps that I have already available and only cutting the base of the card (part of my New Years Resolution).  So once I went through my scrap box I came up with this card.  I also came across another challenge over at Paper Crafters Library that I thought this same card fit into.

I already had a top note cut out in Old Olive then I had to choose a card base and second accent colour.  I had ribbon that I found at the Dollar Store that matched the Old Olive and it had flowers on it that looked a lot like those from Fabulous Florets.  From there my accent colours had to be Old Olive and Chocolate Chip.

To put this card together start my spritzing the background of the card base then adhering just over 1/2 of the Top Note.  I stamped the leaves from the Fabulous Florets and then stamped them off two more times for a faded effect. Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip CS 1" wide. With the Old Olive punch using the Scalloped Edge Punch. One side was not enough so I punched the adjacent side as well and then adhered the ribbon down the centre.  Stamp twice on a scrap piece of Whisper White CS and using the largest flower from Fabulous Florets cut them out.  Shap them with a pencil and adhered them together.  Punching a hole in the centre of the flower I took a strip of Chocolate Chip and made a fringe for the stamens of the flower and put it through the hole in the flower to secure it. Glue Dots were used to adhere the flowers to the card front.  Added my brads to the top and DONE!

So proud that I once again used up scraps.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

4 comments:

  1. What a nice way to use scraps. Like the card very much. Nice idea to use a piece of paper for stamens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that you won the blog candy over on my site a couple days ago! I haven't heard from you since I announced the winner, so I wanted to make sure you knew. Please check the site at www.scrappin-for-sanity.blogspot.com, or email me at sakina716@gmail.com with your snail mail address so I can get your goodies sent out to you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. The browns, greens and white are fantastic together. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete