Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Picture Inspired

I had seen a picture in a store and loved the way it was mounted in layers in the frame.  I couldn't wait to get home to give it a try and this is what I came up with.

First I needed a center point, Fleur de Lis to the rescue.  Then using the Spellbinder Nestabilities Label Five I cut out three layers.  The layers that I cut out I saved and used on the inside of the card.

Then I had problems with the bottom of the card.  I loved the top and got stuck on the bottom.  Then I thought if I had the right lace it might work.  So I used a strip of the paper that I had used for the top cut outs and after it was punched I ran it through the crimper twice to break up the fibers and make it more pliable.  Sticky strip was used to adhere the paper lace to the bottom and topped it off with a satin ribbon.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, very nice card. The idea with paper lace is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete