Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TST #59 Cute as a Button!


The days are going by so fast.  I can hardly believe that a week has gone by and it's time for Try Stampin on Tuesday again.

This week I decided to take the sketch and turn it into a landscape card.  Once I saw all the circles all I could think of was buttons!  So that is what I decided to run with.  Plus the fact that my daughter needed a shower card for a baby shower she was attending this past weekend.
I started off my using the MDS program to print the front and inside sentiment.  You could also use your regular computer and a word processing program to do the same thing,  I just happened to have my MDS running at the time.  Then I ran the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" cardstock through the Cuttlebug with the Spellbinders Border Die.  This gave the scalloped edge on the bottom of the card. I was then able to fold the card in half. Using the Bigz Fun Flowers die I die cut one of the flowers and sponged the edges and curled them up.  The rest of the card was a matter of arranging buttons in various shapes and sizes around the card. 

We knew that the baby was going to be a girl and that is why I chose to use the flower and the lavender colours.  I'm sure if it had of been a boy we would have been able to easily change the flower to something that was a little more masculine.

So now it's your turn.  Let's see what you can come up with.  Don't forget to post your picture on the Try Stampin on Tuesday site.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

I love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment