Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TST #58

The sketches over at Try Stampin on Tuesday are getting very interesting.

I needed a simple card, if you could call this simple, and I wanted light springy colours, so this was what I came up with.  I know I want spring but yet I used an oak leaf from French Foliage which most would think would be a fall stamp set.


Just by changing the colour of the leaves it changes the character of the stamp.

I originally made this card using 4 1/4" x 11" cardstock, which is shown in landscape form.  Then when I looked at the card I thought, hmmm, switch the bow and you have a completely different look.  Either way I was pleased with my Fall/Spring card. So which way do you prefer the card..landscape? or portrait?

Once again when I saw this one I thought that it was a little different from what we normally have.  A little more intricate...just a little!  But I know that you can do it so come on give it a try.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

I love to hear what you think, so don't forget to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! would love to know what embossing folder or technique you used for the dimension on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Eryn. I don't have a name for the folder used, but it was one that I found in the States at Hobby Lobby. It is 657064 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Plaid & Snowflakes Set. You can view it further on the Sizzix.com web site. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete