Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TST #56

This week was really a challenge over at Try Stampin on Tuesday .  Yes this one was difficult for me to come up with a card.  I actually was considering not doing it this week.  You ask why?  Because I am not used to making cards that are in this shape.  I see lots of other cards done this way and really like them, but just haven't tried this style.  So with that being said I hope that you enjoy what I have come up with. 

Using a Spellbinder I cut out the largest of the shapes and the small portion that I cut off from the top I adhered under the bottom of the larger portion .  The scalloped edge punch I punched one side then flipped it and punched the opposite side.  "Thanks A Million" was stamped using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to make it fit inside the lace.

The flower is a combination of six layers from the Fun Flowers die.  Three of the second largest and three of the smallest size.  They were adhered together with a brad in the flat state and then I spritzed each layer with water and scrunched each layer, one layer at a time.  Once the flower dried it was as hard as a rock and I will certainly use this method again as it makes the flower really keep its shape.

Even though this card was difficult for me to produce I pushed through it and was happy with my end result. Now get on over and try it for yourself.

Hope you enjoy!



  1. Just by looking at this gorgeous card I never would have known that you struggled with this sketch! I am so glad you decided to make it because it turned out just beautiful, love the flower:)

  2. I like how your flower with the scrolls reflects the design of the paper. Nice job!

  3. Love the flower on your card makes the whole thing pop. Nice job