Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TST #88

Once again we are here at Try Stampin on Tuesday with another great sketch.

Not long ago I received my shipment of new toys from Stampin Up and when I saw this sketch I thought "Clock Works".  I was really disappointed when SU retired Sense of Time but when they brought out Clock Works I forgave them.  With this set you have a variety of choices and they work well with the original Sense of TIme.  Here is what I came up with for this sketch.  I hope you like it.  
I would have like to have a small piece of chain go from the clock to the cog, but didn't have one, not even an old piece of jewelry that I could have used.  So I used butcher string and ran it over the ink pad to give it some colour.

Another thing that I thought about was "Timex".  I don't know if you remember the old commercials that used to play on TV (boy am I showing my age).  If you remember they only showed the commercials from what I remember in the evening and the time on the watches was always set at 1:50 or 10 and 2.  I read somewhere that Timex did this and showed the commercials in the evening so that people would not think that the time was actually 1:50 in the afternoon or morning.  That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Now it's your turn.  Let's see what you come up with.  Don't forget to post your creations on the Try Stampin blogsite.  Also check out the other great Designers on the site as well.  You will not be disappointed. 

Thanks for stoping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is so totally cool! LOVE the gears--a fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy this is WAY COOL! This just moved to the top of my favorites list! It is really awesome! You are making me want this stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete