Monday, April 23, 2012

Masculine Monday 23/04/12

Good Monday Morning to you.  Today's Masculine Monday card uses a new technique for me.  Ink embossing.  I have seen this done on several cards before and was always afraid of ruining my embossing folders with the ink, but I have found that it is very easy to remove and I am having a blast with it.

I started with a manilla tag from Staples, but you can easily cut your own tag.  I used Soft Suede on the inside portion of the embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug.  Once that was done I accented it with Marina Mist and Old Olive to give an aged look then sponged the edges again with the Soft Suede.  This piece was mounted onto a piece of brown CS 1/8" larger than the tag.

My card base was a piece of grey CS.  My final layer was a piece of CS that I made with my MDS program and it again was cut  to 4" x 5 1/4" and mounted again on a piece of brown CS cut  to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The edges were sponged using the Soft Suede.

The large clock from Sense of Time was stamped to the side and the tag was placed on top using dimensionals.  My sentiment was stamped and the ends were punched using the Round Tab Punch and then again mounted on a piece of brown cut slightly larger.  The cogs were punched from brown CS but before punching them I sponged the CS with the Marina Mist and the Old Olive to give a more aged look.  These were then adhered to the front of the card.

I really enjoyed the embossing technique and the finished product actually looked metallic.

I hope you enjoy todays card.

Nancy

I like to hear what you think so please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment