Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TST #117 "Dad"

Good morning and welcome again to another Try Stampin on Tuesday sketch challenge.

This week was a stumper.  Yes the old brain had to think long and hard on this one.  The first thing I thought of was a different kind of fold.  Then it hit me while driving.

I was thinking about work and the different sales, etc that were going on for Mother's Day and I thought "mens dress shirt".  I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Mother's Day, but seeing as how my Mom has long since passed and I only fond memories of her, I decided to focus on a Father's Day card.  For that matter it could also be a birthday card, but the subject of the card is "Dad".

So next you ask why menswear?  Well that happens to be the department that I work in so my first thought was a man's crisp white dress shirt.  
I decided to make each of the rectangles look like pockets on a shirt and then to give them a little character and make them stand out more I stamped them with the largest stamp from Clockworks.

Next I took an anchor embellishment that I had and a chain that had been given to me from a co-worker and make a fob watch.

Need some inspiration for your take on this sketch.  Hop on over to the Try Stampin site and see what the other Great Designers have in store for you.  And lastly I hope and wish each and every Mom out there a Happy Mothers Day this coming weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one.



4 comments:

  1. Genius take on the sketch! I love the two pockets and the watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah! Genius take on this sketch Nancy. I really struggled with this sketch but after seeing what you all created I'm wanting to do a "re-do" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely BRILLIANT, Nancy! I LOVE the fabulous pocket watch and chain--what a super fabulous idea! HUGS and hope things are going well! :)

    PS: I've got a DT call going for a new challenge called House of Cards if you're interested! I'd love for you to enter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea. Love how you did this. Great job with this sketch, very creative.

    ReplyDelete