Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sing a Song Mr. Blue Jay

Today I have a card that was originally inspired by a challenge over at Stampin Fun & Friends. Once I started the card I realized that it also fell into so many challenges this week I thought I had hit the jackpot.
The first challenge was the one at Stampin Fun and Friends, being an inspiration challenge.  This great photo was the inspiration.  It was taken by my dear friend CherylAnn Robinson.

The second challenge was over at Less is More being a music challenge.

The third challenge was over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges being a challenge to add a bird.  This will be the first time I have entered a challenge at this sight and boy are there some great cards there.  Lots of talent.

I had already submitted a card to the challenge over at Latenight Stampers but this one fell into the challenge perimeters so I decided to take a chance and enter a second card.

This was a great card to make and once I got started it just seem to come together like a puzzle with the last piece being the beautiful little blue bird!

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one.










17 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and simple card but very elegant. The sentiment works so well Nancy.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful.I love the bird and the delicate blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy...a fabulous card! The bird is a perfect finish to it all and such a beautiful saying too!
    Thankyou for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Nancy, but it looks as though the bird on the label is an additional layer... and this week is our One Layer Card challenge at Less is More... however do let me know if I am wrong about this!!
    I love the monochrome look of this creation!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    We also requeat that Word Verification might be removed from your blog for ease of commenting, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the blue color and the bird.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card, very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight. As mentioned by Chrissie it would be great if you could switch off the word verification. Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the words are lovely and the little bird is so sweet. Thank you for joining us this time at FSC.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Nancy! I love that sentiment. Very nice clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us this week at LNS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the music in your label layer - so soft and pretty! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Hello. Thank you for playing with the LNS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is GORGEOUS! I love how the sentiment coordinates with the background music notes and the soft blue sponging adds that extra pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy what a beautiful card and congratulations for winning the LNS Challenge and play along often. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this - the simplicity, design - what SS are the words? LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous even if not one layer

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous card, love the design and sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  17. very beautiful card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete