Monday, February 4, 2013

Purple & Blue..a Butterfly for You!

So today's card has been combined with colour challenges over at Late Night Stampers challenge 209 which is a blue theme and then by adding just a touch of purple I was able to add it into another challenge over at Sketchy Colors.  This is the first time for Sketchy Colors.

The big thing about this post is that it is a recreation of a tutorial over at Stampin Fun & Friends, Sweet Sentiments.  Robbie Rubala has given us excellent instructions on making a spinner card. 
Along with the card is a template and instructions on actually making a box with a heart embellishment on the top.  I changed it out to accommodate the butterfly from the card.

You will notice that the papers I used today were the same papers as I used for my challenge card yesterday, trying to use up scraps as I work.

 
In order to make the butterfly look more 3D I cut out three from the DSP and a 4th one from the blue CS that I used as a base.  Folding two of the butterflies in half and then gluing them to the base butterfly and the top butterfly.  Very easy to do and makes an impact on the total look.


I hope that you will take the time to join us at Stampin Fun and Friends, we still have the whole month of February left to play.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one.


9 comments:

  1. You have done it again Nancy! Just a fantastic card, perfect for the LNS challenge. I need to get Robbie's tutorial and make one of these for myself now.
    Cheers, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details on the butterfly - how you made it 3-d and also how you finished it off with the wire and pearls. Glad I saw it at the LNS Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this Nancy and thanks for playing this week at LNS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job with this. I have never really been a fan of spinner cards but this one has me itching to try one. Just stunnng. Thanks so much for playing along with the LNS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your card on LNS Challenge and wanted to see more. I love the way you created the butterfly out of the DSP and making a spinner was so unique and fun. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a wonderful card! I love it!
    Thank you for joining the Challenge at Sketchy Colors! Good luck!

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy I love your version of my spinner card. It is perfect done up in blue. Thanks for joining us this week at LNS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love the color combo. Thank you so much for playing with the LNS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete