Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TST#64...Stop the World

Can you believe that it is May 1st!  Where does the time go.

This week on Try Stampin on Tuesday my card is inspired by not only the sketch but by the fact that time is just flying by and I just feel like I want to "stop the world" so I can get off.





I used two Post-It notes to mask out the top and bottom of the card and stamped directly onto the card front, rather than layering the stamped area.  Then with a couple of scrap pieces I ran them through the Cuttlebug using the Diamond Plate embossing folder.  The green one was done again with the inked embossing technique.

Rather than placing the twine around the card front I decided to cut it into strips and just staple it to the front.  The sentiment inside is from Word Play - you mean the world to me! The envelop tab closure on the back was run through the Diamond Plate embossing as well.

Then once I was finished with that card I spotted some ribbon that inspired me to make another card using the same sketch, but with a different outcome altogether. This time I used the same stamp sets for the background and continued it through onto the top piece.  I stamped and cut out the maple leaf from French Foliage and used it as a mask on the front.  I usually keep my cut outs inside my stamp sets for future use, especially if I like the outcome on the first try. Then using Marina Mist and Crumb Cake I sponged around the leaf.  Once all of the sponging was done I removed the leaf.  Again rather than use ribbon or twine I chose three small eyelets and adhered them on the front corner with my Crop-a-dile.

So, do you have a preference?  Which one interests you more?

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

I like to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I like the first card more. It makes nice masculine card. Though I loved your maple leaf mask technique and a tip of keeping the mask along with the stamps in the same box. That's a very neat tip since I would discard of the mask after using.
    Thanks for sharing your tips with us :)

    ReplyDelete