Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Colours!

Are you sick of winter YET!.  Just when everything was starting to melt and you could see tiny growth under the dirty snow we get dumped on again.  Yes folks another foot of snow over night.  I am beginning to think that Mother Nature has decided not to give us Spring or Summer this year and keep us in the deep freeze, but I sure hope not!

So because of this new snow fall and yesterday being the first day of Spring I thought it would be nice to have a happy cheerful and colourful card to lift our spirits!  My first challenge today comes from a fellow Design Team Member at House of Cards, Cornelia, but the challenge itself is from Stamplorations!  Also because it is spring and that was the challenge this week at Splendiferous Creations I am showing it off over there as well.
 
This is another one of those great sketches that you can use over and over when you need inspiration.

Watercolour seems to be the rage these days and I thought that I would incorporation the colours of the rainbow - even though I did goof on the sequence - and make this a bright and cheerful Spring Birthday card.

I inked up the stamp and using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the "happy" three times.  Then using a paint brush I flicked water onto the letters.  Because I was not using watercolour inks they did not run as well, but there is still some watermarks on them.  After the paper had dried I stamped the "birthday" three times again and added just a touch of bling! to finish off the card.  It still needed a pop of colour so I set it onto a bright lime green CS and then onto the card base.

Hope you like what I have put together and I hope it brings a ray of sunshine into your life today.

Thanks for stoping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors and bling on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun take on the sketch, Nancy! And the lime green mat was the perfect choice. Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at STAMPlorations this time round.

    ReplyDelete