Tuesday, December 25, 2012

TST #98 Accentuate the Negative

Merry Christmas Everyone!
From My Home to Yours...I hope that Everyone has a Safe and Happy Holiday Season.

Now onto business.  It's tuesday and even though it is Christmas we are still busy at work creating and inspiring you to get out your supplies and join along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.  I know most of the girls will probably have one last Christmas Card to show you but I needed a Birthday Card for a co-worker so I went with that instead.

I must admit that this one stumped me a little, but I think that was because I have been in a non creative or should I say a non productive state these days.  Like everyone else tooooo much going on all at one time.  But I decided to get going and give this one a chance.  

I started by choosing my colours.  First I wanted a white card, then I changed it to yellow once I picked out my DSP that I wanted to use.  Ended up using both white and yellow.   I hadn't tried by doily dies yet so I wanted to give them a try as well.
Then I needed something to tie the two sides together so I used my swirl dies and cut one of the swirls using the negative portion for my right side and the positive portion on the front of the card on the bottom.  Therefore I was "Accenting the Negative". 


Next came Everything Eleanor.  I love this stamp set and mainly use just the flower.  I stamped out two flowers and trimmed them down.  Shaping and gluing the first one onto the doily I then cut a small slit into the top flower and added my flower centre through the slit.  Then I glued the second flower on top and waited for everything to dry.  Once dry I  shaped the centres.  

I hope you like what I have come up with.  Now pop on over to the Try Stampin on Tuesday site and see what the other great Designers have in store for you.  I hope that you will find just enough time to join us this week and recreate this great sketch and post your efforts on the site for all of us to see. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one. 



5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love how you did your swirls. Great idea to pull it all together. You are so creative! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love what you have done Nancy. I hope your creative slump is over really soon. Merry Christmas to you & your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the swirls and the colours you've used are great. Hope you and your family had a merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nancy! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! I don't know what slump you're in, but this card is fabulous! That flower is just glorious!!! Hope you feel more confident soon--you're amazing! HUGS and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the yellow background card is perfect with these papers. Love the negative swirl and that you used it on the card with the flower. So glad you got this one done to share with us, even if it was a busy time for you.

    ReplyDelete