Sunday, May 12, 2013

"LIFE...Live like you mean it"

Wow, I'm on a roll for this week.  Four posts in one week.  Does this mean that I am coming out of my slump?  I sure hope so.

Today I have a card that combines three different challenges.  Maybe it's the challenges that are inspiring me to create more this week. Don't know but I sure am glad to be back at it again.

First I started with the sketch.  I found this one at Cas(e) this Sketch.  I have never used any sketches from this site before so one again I hope I have done them proud.
Next I decided to take a look over at Dynamic Duos.  They always have such great inspiration for colour combinations.  This week the challenge was to use a colour combination from the past year.  I went with DD#41.
Lastly I went with a very clean and simple card once again and turned to Less is More for further inspiration.  This week they want a single layer card with a coloured card base, so I decided to go with Pool Party as my card base.
My plan is to use this card for a co-workers birthday.  The sentiment is truly his way of thinking about life.  So Happy Birthday Izzy.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one.


9 comments:

  1. Oh my word it is absolutely breathtaking! Gorgeous mix of stamps...I love how you highlighted the leaves! Stunning. friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Nancy - how are you? Hope all is well. I love this card using the colors you chose. The sentiment to this adds the special touch - LOVE it and it is so true. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week and I hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think this is a beautiful card! (I saw it on LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty - love the results of that technique! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - and YES, you've done the challenges justice!! Thanks for all the inspiration!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely terrific!
    What a wonderful creation.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the stamped leaves on that fabulous inked background :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning - that background effect is awesome. I love the gold detailing as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamics Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete