Monday, September 8, 2014

HOC September Challenge

This month at House of Cards we have an inspirational photo for you.  I managed to get a sneak peek at some of the other designers and I must say I certainly missed the mark on this one.  I used the colours as opposed to the actual photo for my cards.  Yes cards.  I have two cards for you today.  The first card uses the top three colours and the bottom card uses the bottom three colours.

Here is the photo inspiration:
Now for my cards:
My first card I used the honeycomb stencil from Heidi Swapp.  I didn't have the correct stencil paste and never having done this before I tried gesso and slightly coloured it with my ink.  I was pretty happy with the results.  I then took some plain coloured CS and stamped randomly over it and sponged the edges just to give it a more grungy look.  The pieces were set in place using dimensionals and glue.

My second card again used the honeycomb stencil, but this time I sponged over the stencil with my inks once and then slightly moved the stencil and using a different colour I sponged lightly again.  After embossing my butterfly and embellishing it with seed pearls I used my Stamp-a-ma-gig to place the sentiment on the card so that it would surround one of the honeycombs.

I hope you like what I have come up with but I know for sure you will love what the other Designers have come up with.  

Now it's your turn. Try something new or experiment with what you have. Don't forget to link your fabulous creation up with our challenge sight here. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy! These cards are amazing. You had some great ideas from the color inspiration. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, these are both GORGEOUS! LOVE all the amazing texture and I love that you showcased the colors so beautifully! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy - amazing how you made similar cards, yet they both look totally different! I still try to decide which one I like better and come to no conclusion - they are both lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally didn't miss the mark. That's what I love about these inspiration photos and colors -- everyone pulls from them in amazing ways as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy- Great cards especially the butterfly one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your nice comment Nancy.
    I really love how you interpreted the photo!! So different and both very beautiful!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete